Monday, June 21, 2004

6th in the Paddy!

Holy crap! Peter and I came 6th in the Paddy Pallin Rogaine on the weekend! That was *way* above my expectations however I was pretty close to collapsing afterwards. I had 5 hours sleep the night before and crap take away for dinner as I moved house that day. I packed the car at 5am and was lucky enough that the only thing I forgot was a nice dry pair of shoes for apres event. Seriously, it was sooo much fun. Peter and I were (reasonably) well matched. he is fitter than me and a *much* better navigator but we managed to stay together with no bickering. My true team spirit shone through at one stage when we were navigating a particularly dangerous rocky descent. I was in front (under) Peter when I heard him slipping... I instantly let fly with "Dont you fall on me!". Great team spirit! ;-) The day was awesome and the result a great bonus. Cant wait for the next one... 12hrs at Lake Macquarie... Ill keep you posted.

No comments: