Monday, August 23, 2004

Chris (in) de-Burgh

Howdy, I did an MTBO event on Saturday at Wingello. Came in about 8th. Not bad i guess, I hate riding in the wind... it really psyches me out. Not a bad day tho... Came back through Bundanoon so I could get the standard pre-race nutritional supplement (a hamburger). I thought Id try a new cafe called "The Bike Shop Cafe" as I had a bike on the roof and thought a change would be nice. When I entered I grabbed a menu and saw that the prices were a little above my budget. I looked around and saw that the cafe was full of well-to-do city dwellers out in their Jeeps for a quiet drive in the country... hmmm. THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN... it was as if everyone stopped talking just as this guy opened his mouth and to his misfortune, he said aloud to his friends: "Well, you know, the Cappucino *is* the Campagne of wine." O - My - God. That is so wrong. I was so out of there... On Sunday I donned the headphones and did my first mountainbike ride with a soundtrack. I hit the usual trail at The Burgh. IT ROCKED! Nothing compares to doing a wicked decent with The Beastie Boys thumping out Sabotage at full honkers. I saw a red belly black snake and that bought out the screaming pettycoat wearer in me... but we wont mention that again... ever. A fun time indeed. Cant wait to see the boy next weekend. Roadtrip with the mofo bro (Nathan). cya.

No comments: