Wednesday, February 02, 2005

3rd in the MaxAdventure 24hr Race


Did the Maximum Adventure 24 hour challenge on the weekend. What an epic! We placed 3rd in our category (team of 2) and 8th overall. I think thats a great result considering that this is my first 24 hour event, I have never kayaked before and never absieled before! Also, we ran out of lights on the bike leg and therefore had to absiel using a single LED eveready keychain light, Graeme broke his frame with 10km to go so we used gaffer tape to "fix" it. Everything that could possibly go wrong did but it was fantastic. My brain became so starved for, well, everything that I actually "saw things" including three race officials off in the distance that werent actually there! Ill have the map scanned soon for further analysis... (full results found in the link above) Posted by Hello

No comments: