Sunday, September 11, 2005

NZO 12 hour 2005

Did the NZO 12 hour MTB race on the weekend. Team Goanna came in 20th in the Mens 4's. The night riding absolutely rocked. I have ridden at night before and did that 24 hour adventure races as well, but never before have I raced at near maximum speed on a specially designed MTB race track!! The sigle track was sweet and twisty but also contained some fast stretches where I topped around 45 km/hr. This totally rocks when all you have is a 10w halogen on your bike and one (gaffer taped) on your head. My night lap was interesting as a thunderstorm was looming and some scattered rain was about. Surreal stuff. It cleared up straight after my lap (typical!).



Congrats to my team mates Rowan, Simon and Graeme! Ill be doing my second 24hr adventure race with Graeme in two weeks. Cant wait. :)

No comments: