Tuesday, October 04, 2005

For whom the bell tolls...


St Johns Tower
Originally uploaded by cnschulz.
Yeah, so I thought I was going to have a boring weekend... Wrong!








I was planning a quite day when Conrad called and left a garbled message... something about 9am, St Johns Tower, climbing gear, rope, kites... So obviously I said "sure, why not"! Next this I knew I was inside a dark and mysterious bell tower covered in pidgeon crap (and various other unknown substances). Conrad is friends with the local minister and he was too scared to ascent the 3 rickety (and I mean rickety) ladders up to the bell tower. There is a festival in and around Glebe and we were helping out by hanging a giant banner on the side of the tower for a kite exhibition.

When we asked about the bells, the minister mentioned that one was broken and that the only person who could fix them in australia was in Adelaide! When we actually got up there we found that the problem was just that a spring had rusted through... So I wound it on ab little to avoid the rust and it worked like a charm... even got to ring the bells! I love lifes little adventures!

No comments: