Monday, October 24, 2005

NSW MTBO Champs 2005


NSW MTBO Champs 2005
Originally uploaded by cnschulz.
The 2005 NSW MTBO Championships were held on the weekend at Newcastle. We rode on a new map for this area just 15 km north of Raymond Terrace. The map was excellent. A nice fast course with an excellent amount of route choice. My fitness was not a problem in this race... well... maybe it was; I was riding faster than my brain. I missed one intersection as I was trying to overtake a slow rider and ended up losing about 4 minutes. I also punched the wrong control once because I failed to read the control number (two controls were close together). That cost me another minute. If I didnt make those mistakes I would have placed 5th. A lot of time was wasted standing still trying to figure out the best route. I should have just picked one and started riding. The rule is that if you are spending a long time comparing routes then they are pretty much the same therefore you shouldnt be wasting time comparing them... Oh well. It was a fun day and my mate Graeme went home state champ in the 40-45yr division. Congrats. :)

No comments: